Following on with the recent Team of the Season (TOTS) showcase of the English Football League (EFL) Championship, English Premier League and Community rosters, the Saudi Professional League has also been given a chance to highlight their very own superstars of the season in FUT 21.
In Saudi Pro League, you will be pleasantly surprised to see some recognizable names who have taken their next career steps of professional football into the Middle-Eastern territories too.
Here are the players who have managed to get into the Saudi Pro League’s TOTS line-up this year:
GK – Marcelo Grohe (Al-Ittihad): OVR 74 (TOTS 85)
· Grohe is a seasoned Brazilian goalkeeper who has been in amazing form for Al-Ittihad this season, keeping his side firmly on the heels of Al-Hilal on top of the Saudi Pro League.
· Managing a total of six (6) clean sheets so far, his goalkeeping stats suggest more which could have been the contributing factor of why he is chosen instead of other competing keepers with much higher clean sheet tallies in the league.
CB – Iago Dos Santos (Al-Taawoun): OVR 71 (TOTS 86)
· The tall centre-back has been a robust wall for Al-Taawoun all throughout this season, helping them become amongst the top three (3) teams with the least goals conceded thus far.
· He is also a great offensive header of the ball too, scoring four (4) times from set piece plays.
CB – Ahmed Hegazi (Al-Ittihad): OVR 72 (TOTS 85)
· The Egyptian experienced defender has played in two major European tournaments before, with stints at Fiorentina (Serie A) and West Bromwich Albion (English Premier League) helping him develop into the great centre-back that he is now in Saudi Arabia.
· Standing close to 2 metres tall, his aerial prowess and strength are what makes him hard to get past through in the physical game of the Saudi Pro League.
LB/ CB – Yasser Al-Shahrani (Al-Hilal): OVR 74 (TOTS 85)
· The 28-year old local Arabian, Yasser Al-Shahrani is a well-known full-back for his home country, Saudi Arabia.
· Although not primarily a centre-back, he is able to transition if need be, but his main aspects are his speed and crosses with which he has helped contribute three (3) assists for Al-Hilal throughout the current campaign.
RM – Andre Carrillo (Al-Hilal): OVR 79 (TOTS 88)
· Andre Carillo used to be tipped as amongst the most brilliant wide midfielders/ wingers in Europe before being surplus to requirements in Benfica.
· Although moving out on loan to Watford gave him a fresh experience of the competitiveness of the English Premier League, it is when Al-Hilal brought him over to the Saudi Pro League that he has managed to finally shine again.
· So far, he has produced seven (7) goals and six (6) assists for Al-Hilal, helping them to their current number one (1) spot in the league.
CM/ CAM - Cristian Guanca (Al-Shabab): OVR 73 (TOTS 85)
· 28-year old Argentinian, Cristian Guanca is a player mostly shunned by the Argentinian national team due to his compatriots getting the nod for their performances in other top-flight football in Europe.
· Still, Guanca has been exceptional in the Saudi Pro League this season, scoring a whopping fifteen (15) goals and assisting another four (4) goals, with Al-Shabab now second behind Al-Hilal in the league table.
CM – Ever Banega (Al-Shabab): OVR 83 (TOTS 91)
· At 32 years old, Ever Banega is still yet to see his skills dwindle as he lights up Al-Shabab with six (6) goals and eight (8) assists this campaign, pushing his team to their second-place spot at the moment.
· With major career highlights being his playing time with Valencia (La Liga), Sevilla (La Liga) and Inter Milan (Serie A) before moving to Saudi Arabia, his expertise, experiences and leadership have become invaluable aspects of his game for Al-Shabab.
LM – Salem Al-Dawsari (Al-Hilal): OVR 74 (TOTS 85)
· Salem Al-Dawsari is another key player for Al-Hilal this season, scoring six (6) goals and assisting once (1) from the left flanks.
· His pace and agility are prime aspects of his playing style, leaving most opposition defenders lagging behind his tracks.
ST – Carlos Strandberg (Abha Club): OVR 70 (TOTS 87)
· The 25-year old Swedish striker has been a surprise player for Abha this season, scoring sixteen (16) times to become second on the total goal-scoring charts of the Saudi Pro League.
· Although he is only on loan from relegated Saudi Arabian club, Al-Hazem, his exploits will undoubtedly leave other clubs scrambling for his signature once the season concludes in the coming weeks.
CAM – Romarinho (Al-Ittihad): OVR 74 (TOTS 90)
· Brazilian player, Romarinho is now at his prime at 30-years old, and his developed abilities are clearly obvious to see as he continues to push Al-Ittihad towards top of the league table, scoring a total of fifteen (15) goals in doing so.
· His 90-rated TOTS player card boasts phenomenal pace and shooting stats, making him a close competitor to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the game.
ST – Bafetimbi Gomis (Al-Hilal): OVR 80 (TOTS 89)
· Now at 35 years of age, Gomis is close to retiring within the next few years, yet his current playing career has been the best at the Saudi Pro Leagues thus far, consistently scoring close to twenty (20) goals per campaign.
· This season, he stands top of the goal-scoring charts already, with twenty (20) goals making him the most prolific striker of the Saudi Pro League, as well as propelling Al-Hilal to first spot in the league too.
Are you short on FUT coins to buy these amazing hidden gems in the game?
Visit U7Buy now to enjoy amazing discounts and sales offers currently available today!